Afters Shift Semi-Skilled Fabricator / Welder
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit a Semi-Skilled Fabricator / Welder to join our afters shift team at Shafton, Barnsley.
Billington Structures is one of the UK's leading structural steelwork contractors, established for over 60 years with a professional and dynamic team.
Our experienced workforce can tackle projects from simple building frames to the most complex structures in excess of 6,000 tonnes. With plants in Barnsley and Bristol we have the capability to process 25,000 tonnes of steel per annum, and are able to service clients at locations throughout the UK and Europe.
• After shift 2:30pm - 1:45am - based on 4 shifts (£60 shift allowance)
• Basic understanding of steel fabrication.
• Able to weld single and multi-run fillets (MAG).
• Read and understand fabrication drawings.
Job Responsibilities, Experience & Qualifications
• Fabrication of Plate girders, including the operation of a Corimpex sub-merged arc welder.
• Full training will be given for the main role, but preferred qualifications would consist of Overhead Crane licence, Fork lift truck licence, 9606 welder qualification.
• Strong work ethic
• Good problem-solving skills
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive benefits package including company pension, sick pay scheme and overtime is also generally available. Please get in touch with the HR Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01226 340 666 if you are interested.
Rate will be negotiable dependent on experience.