The role holder will report directly to the Group IT Manager and be part of a small team based in Barnsley responsible for keeping the company’s technology based systems running smoothly whilst at all times ensuring data security and integrity are maintained.
You will need to respond quickly to problems that arise and be able to prioritise your own workload to best suit the commercial requirements of the business. Some travel within the UK will be expected with an occasional overnight stay.
The job entails providing level 1 and 2 support to users along with configuring and installing client PCs, printers, telephones and servers, monitoring and administering system backups, monitoring system replications and a host of other technology based tasks. The nature of the business means that occasionally some of this work may need to be carried out outside of normal hours.
- An approachable and personable individual excellent at building relationships
- Strong communicator at all levels, ability to work as part of a team and be a self-starter
- Enthusiastic individual with a passion for technology
- Consistent at meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- A good operational knowledge of Windows 7,8 and 10
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2 administration.
- Microsoft Active Directory
- TCP/IP networking
Knowledge of the following would be useful but are not essential as training may be given. Microsoft Office 365 administration , SIP telephony, VMware administration, Citrix administration, Veeam backup and replication administration, Tekla Structures and Structural Design, Asta Powerproject, Splicecom, BIM.
If you're interested in this role, please email Claire Upperdine at email@example.com with your details or fill in the form below.