Apprentice Fabricator / Welder
An exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to join our well-established team based at Wombwell, Barnsley.
Billington Structures is one of the UK's leading structural steelwork contractors, established for over 60 years with a professional and dynamic team.
Our experienced workforce can tackle projects from simple building frames to the most complex structures in excess of 6,000 tonnes. With plants in Barnsley and Bristol we have the capability to process 25,000 tonnes of steel per annum, and are able to service clients at locations throughout the UK and Europe.
At Billington Structures, we pride ourselves on having an industry-leading process for all of our projects, big or small. Detail and communication is key and every aspect of a project is approached by our highly skilled teams to ensure a smooth, efficient and on-time delivery.
We are looking for an apprentice with a keen interest in Fabrication to join our skilled team. This is a great opportunity for a motivated and eager individual.
The successful post holder will gain valuable experience in the steel industry, and have the opportunity to work with major companies across the country and work on an enviable list of high profile projects.
- The successful apprentice will work alongside our highly skilled Fabricators at our Wombwell workshop.
- You will develop the skills required to read engineering drawings, operate a range of machinery and fabricate structures to a very high standard.
- You will join a structured Apprenticeship Programme, completing an appropriate NVQ, Functional Skills and a technical certificate at a local College.
- Candidates must have achieved a good general standard of education, preferably in maths and a technology subject.
- We are looking for a highly-motivated individual who is eager to learn with a positive energy and attitude.
Salary & Benefits
We can offer a competitive benefits package including a company pension and sick pay scheme and overtime.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org