We have an excellent opportunity for an Accounts Clerk to join our finance team in Barnsley, working for one of the UK's leading structural steel specialists designing, manufacturing and constructing a wide portfolio of projects to a variety of clients.
As part of the organisation’s finance team, the role is split between cash management and other ad hoc tasks within the department.
Cash management tasks will include intercompany recharges, interest charges & reconciliation. Bank reconciliations, cashflow forecasts and group cash management. Plus reporting of overdue debt to insurers and of uninsured exposure to management; and expenses processing.
Other ad hoc tasks may include processing of goods received notes, processing of purchase ledger transactions for smaller group companies and processing purchases, disposals and depreciation for fixed assets.
- A conscientious and diligent individual able to methodically process large amounts of information quickly and accurately
- Able to resolve problems
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Friendly and able to build relationships
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to demonstrate high level of competence in the use of Microsoft Excel. An Excel competence test will form part of the interview process.
- Competent user of Microsoft systems
- Ability to analyse and interpret information
- High attention to detail
- Prior use of the COINS accounting system would be preferable but is not essential
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday. However, we would also be prepared to consider part time applicants who have the relevant level of skills of experience for a minimum of 30 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
If you're interested in this role, please email Claire Upperdine at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details or fill in the form below.